Simple Video Calling for the Elderly
CallGenie makes it easy to keep in regular social contact with the elderly via Skype, especially for those who have Dementia or mobility issues.
How does CallGenie make Skyping with the Elderly so easy?
Firstly, you make a Skype video call directly to your elderly loved one, utilising their existing television. Secondly, the call is received automatically. Therefore, turning the television on or over from the existing programme to the Skype call. Thirdly, and most importantly, their television returns to its previous state prior to the Skype call.
CallGenie is the simplest video calling device for the elderly, as recommended by AgeSpace and supplied by Smart Life Solutions.
Works with the existing Television
Simple Life Solution’s research indicates that the elderly spend significant amounts of time sitting in their preferred chair, positioned in front of their television. CallGenie uses the existing television as the display device. This means no more iPads left in drawers or having to learn how to use new additional technology with remote controls.
CallGenie meets the needs of people with reduced mobility or limited technical knowledge, which is direct contrast to Facebook Portal and Amazon Echo Show. Enabling them to keep in touch with their family and friends.
In conclusion, CallGenie is the simplest method to Skype with the elderly.
CallGenie – Skype for the Elderly
Please see a product demonstration video below:
CallGenie – Skype Device for the Elderly
CallGenie is a complete solution for receiving Skype video calls on an elderly person’s television. Just connect it to broadband and plug it into their television – everything else is automated!
CallGenie Appliance – from £499.99
- Mini PC with CallGenie software pre-installed
- HDMI-CEC control hardware
- HD (720p) Webcam (options for Full HD (1080p) or Ultra HD (2160p))
- USB Infrared Receiver/Transmitter
- Full instructions and remote installation support
- 12 months software and hardware support included
- No monthly fees
‘Skype for the Elderly’ Features
- Automatically answers incoming Skype video calls from close family and friends, including group calls
- Uses television to display video and output sound
- Once it detects an incoming Skype call, CallGenie then takes over control of the television for the duration of the call. At the end of the call it returns the television to its previous state.
- Everything is automated – no interaction required by the person being called
- Works with all currently supported versions of Skype for Desktop, including the latest 2019 versions
- Webcam optional. 720p HD quality video, 1080p Full HD and 4K UHD webcams can be included
- Share the screen on your smart phone, tablet, PC or Mac with CallGenie – useful for showing your photos or playing videos
- Full functionality of Skype available for making outgoing Skype calls using optional Wireless Touch Keyboard (not included)
CallGenie Appliance – What’s Included?
The CallGenie solution comes as a pre-configured kit with instructions on how to install the hardware and connect it to the Internet. After that, our support team will set everything else up for you remotely. However, prior to this we need to know the make and model of the television being used, any other equipment connected to it and the Skype addresses of the close family and friends.
Above all, you can schedule a phone call with us to help you with the physical installation and we’ll talk you through it.
Making Calls to CallGenie
Making calls to anyone who has a CallGenie solution installed is really easy. You just need to have the Skype app installed on your smart phone, tablet, computer or your own CallGenie system. We’ll add you to the trusted caller list.
To use CallGenie you will need to have the following:
- Flatscreen television with at least one spare HDMI socket
- Spare power socket near the television
- High Speed Broadband (preferably fibre)
- Upload/Download speeds – Minimum 0.5 Mbps (Standard Definition), 2 Mbps (High Definition)
- Wired or Wireless Connection
CallGenie works with most modern flatscreen televisions made since 2008 that support HDMI CEC. This includes most, if not all , television models made by Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic, Philips, Sharp, Pioneer, Hitachi, Toshiba, Mitsubishi, Vizio and many other manufacturers.
If you are not sure whether your television is compatible with CallGenie, please email us a picture of the label on the back of your television and we’ll check it out for you.
All the components comprising the CallGenie solution are covered by their respective manufacturer’s warranty. Our software authored by Smart Life Solutions, i.e. the CallGenie application, is covered by a 12 month warranty.
Remote access software comes bundled with the solution. This enables us to remotely diagnose and rectify any faults that may occur and get you back online as quickly as possible.
Occasionally, we may need to speak to someone on site to check things. This is only usually necessary if the Mini PC is accidentally powered down, or a cable becomes detached for some reason.
CallGenie Appliances can be bought for delivery in the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man using this website
* EU power supply can be specified at checkout, if required.
USA & Canada
CallGenie Appliances are available to purchase for delivery in the United States and Canada using our US distributor’s website
CallGenie Appliances can be bought for delivery to countries in the EU and EEA (including Switzerland).
*** Please note that the price you pay will not include tax (even though this site shows the UK price including VAT). However, you will need to pay local VAT (sales tax) and import duties to customs in your country before you will receive your appliance.
All appliances will be shipped with euro power supplies (except for Ireland).
We don’t currently ship fully configured appliances outside of the UK, USA and Europe. However, you can source your own hardware and buy the software from us here in the UK.
You can find details of how to create your own appliance in the following link:https://smart-life-solutions.co.uk/how-to-build-your-own-callgenie-appliance It’s not that hard and we will provide you support once you have the mini PC connected to the internet.You will also find in that post a link to a shopping list of parts available on amazon.com.
Do you need more information? Please contact us or complete the form below
Check Your Television and Confirm Pricing
Fill in this form to ask us to check your television for compatibility and confirm the total cost of a CallGenie solution including shipping.
Other ways to engage us?
Alternatively give us a call on +44 (0)1252 918824 or email email@example.com